Monday, March 9, 2009

18 weeks

Week 18: Sweet Potato



Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.



I haven't felt any kicks yet but I am hoping I will soon. I have a regular ob appointment tomorrow and then my big u/s next Tuesday. My mom went ahead and bought our bedding for us this past weekend and I have accumulated quite a bit of boy clothes so lets hope the doc confirms a boy!!


We had an eventful weekend, we celebrated our two year anniversary Saturday night even though I was over emotional most of the day/night it still turned out pretty good. Thanks to my understanding and patient hubby! We went to Red Lobster and stuffed ourselves to the max.....their biscuits are the best!! Yesterday Brad and his dad put up our crib and dresser and it took them most of the afternoon and early evening to do it. They started at about 3:00 and finished up around 7:45. It looks great though I love having his nursey set up, I keep walking in his room and turning the light on and just staring wishing he was here (although I am enjoying my pregnancy). It all seems to good to be true but I know this is all God's plan for us and we haven't even experienced the best yet.


We did have one disappointment, the crib and dresser are two different shades of brown. Both of the boxes and order info say espresso the dark brown color we wanted but I guess they are made of different woods so the finsihes look different. Thats what I get for ordering online, we are keeping them and it doesn't look bad we just wanted them to match perfectly. The crib looks more like cherry and the dresser looks more like espresso. I still love them though, everything will come together once we get the bedding in and start the decorating.


Tomorrow is our actual two year anniversary, it has been two of the best years of my life. I am taking off work at noon so we can spend some of the day together because Brad has a meeting at work tomorrow night. This will be our last one without Aiden so we are going to enjoy just having eachother, I'm sure next year it will be hard leaving my little guy with someone else so we can go out :)

3 comments:

Beth & Brian said...

Happy Anniversary!!

LeAnn said...

Happy Anniversary! I am going to have to come over so I can see the nursey all put together! Love you bunches.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Yes, it will be hard. My little man will be 6 months old by the time we go out for our anniversary, and I am already not looking forward to leaving him. My dad reminds me "you were a wife before you were a mommy, remember that." and its true... but I love my baby and hate to leave him any time I don't have to. :) I am so happy for you gusy, I can't say that enough. I can't wait to come see Aiden's room!! I bet it is adorable. In no time at all you will have your sweet baby filling that crib. I can't wait to meet your little miracle. :)